Authors' Response to Peer-Review Reports: https://med.jmirx.org/2021/4/e34609/
Published Article: https://med.jmirx.org/2021/4/e30708/
This is a peer-review report submitted for the paper “Influence of the COVID-19 Lockdown on the Physical and Psychosocial Well-being and Work Productivity of Remote Workers: Cross-sectional Correlational Study”.
Editorial Note: We acknowledge that the reviewer may have engaged in citation manipulation by encouraging the authors to cite the reviewer’s own work. Citation manipulation refers to “excessive citation of an author’s research by the author (ie, self-citation by authors) as a means solely of increasing the number of citations of the author’s work” . JMIR follows the COPE/OASPA/WAME “Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing,” and citation manipulation violates principle 6 [ ].
Review Round 1
This paper  is about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on workers.
- The authors stated, “The COVID-19 pandemic has had catastrophic effects on global economies, with significant reductions in commercial and business activities projected, as well as increasing un- and under-employment with associated loss of income.” Please discuss the following study on how COVID-19 lockdown affects occupation:Dang AK, Le XTT, Le HT, Tran BX, Do TTT, Phan HTB, Nguyen TT, Pham QT, Ta NTK, Nguyen QT, Duong QV, Hoang MT, Pham HQ, Nguyen TH, Vu LG, Latkin CA, Ho CSH, Ho RCM. Evidence of COVID-19 impacts on occupations during the first Vietnamese national lockdown. Ann Glob Health. 2020;86(1):112. doi:10.5334/aogh.2976
- This study mainly talked about how workers cope. Under the Discussion section, please refer to the following study that mentions the approach adopted by the workplace to help workers to cope during the pandemic:Tan W, Hao F, McIntyre RS, Jiang L, Jiang X, Zhang L, Zhao X, Zou Y, Hu Y, Luo X, Zhang Z, Lai A, Ho R, Tran B, Ho C, Tam W. Is returning to work during the COVID-19 pandemic stressful? A study on immediate mental health status and psychoneuroimmunity prevention measures of Chinese workforce. Brain Behav Immun. 2020;87:84-92. doi:10.1016/j.bbi.2020.04.055
- Citation manipulation. COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics). URL: https://publicationethics.org/citation-manipulation-discussion-document [accessed 2021-11-01]
- How does JMIR Publications adhere to the COPE/OASPA/WAME "Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing"? JMIR Publications Knowledge Base and Help Center. URL: https://tinyurl.com/bb6epdc5- [accessed 2021-11-01]
- Tronco HYA, Parente F, Faghy MA, Roscoe CMP, Maratos FA. Influence of the COVID-19 lockdown on the physical and psychosocial well-being and work productivity of remote workers: cross-sectional correlational study. JMIRx Med 2021 [FREE Full text] [CrossRef]
Edited by E Meinert; This is a non–peer-reviewed article. submitted 01.11.21; accepted 01.11.21; published 01.12.21Copyright
©Reviewer Anonymous. Originally published in JMIRx Med (https://med.jmirx.org), 01.12.2021.
This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work, first published in JMIRx Med, is properly cited. The complete bibliographic information, a link to the original publication on https://med.jmirx.org/, as well as this copyright and license information must be included.