Authors’ Response to Peer Reviews
Preprint (JMIR Preprints): https://preprints.jmir.org/preprint/31272
Peer-Review Report by Anonymous: https://med.jmirx.org/2022/2/e36347/
Peer-Review Report by Angela Gonzalez (Reviewer AY): https://med.jmirx.org/2022/2/e36685/
Published Article: https://med.jmirx.org/2022/2/e31272/
This is the authors’ response to peer-review reports for “Lessons Learned From the Resilience of Chinese Hospitals to the COVID-19 Pandemic: Scoping Review”.
Round 1 Review
Reviewer Anonymous 
- This paper’s [ ] title mentions that the authors conducted a scoping review but used the PRISMA (Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses) method. The authors should clarify the difference between scoping review and systematic review.Response: We have added a phrase in the text to explain the difference in more detail. References 14-16 explain the PRISMA scoping methodology.
- Provide a table of the studies that were selected for final analysis (study title, publishing year, research methods, main findings of each study).Response: Done; this is contained in a .xls file.
- State the study exclusion reasons clearly with a subheading in the Methods section.Response: We feel that the study exclusion criteria are implicit in the inclusion criteria.
- Revise your study limitations according to the study inclusion and exclusion criteriaResponse: We have added two more sentences, which refer to the exclusion criteria.
- Provide the list of all studies that were included at the initial stage without inclusion and exclusion limitations in a supplementary file.Response: We have a list of articles attached as an .xls file.
- English editing is required.Response: Has been revised twice by native speakers.
Reviewer AY 
- The authors refer to Table 4 three times in the manuscript; however, this table is not attached to the document. The same occurs with Table 3 that is referred to on page 7, second paragraph.Response: These tables are within the supplementary files and are now labelled as such.
- In relation to the PRISMA-ScR checklist, the eligibility criteria are not pointed out in the abstract section of the manuscript.Response: This has been done in the Inclusion Criteria section.
- The registration number of the scoping review’s protocol is missing. The authors do not indicate if the protocol is available.Response: Please find the protocol here [ ]; there is a link in the references.
- There are some typos in the manuscript, for example:- Authors use the acronym PPE (personal protective equipment) several times in the manuscript. Please indicate its meaning the first time it appears in the manuscript (page 10).- In the abstract section, the word “found” appears in a smaller size than the rest of the words.Response: These issues have been resolved, and the manuscript was looked over again by a native speaker.
- Anonymous. Peer Review of “Lessons Learned From the Resilience of Chinese Hospitals to the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Scoping Review”. JMIRx Med 2022;3(2):e36347 [FREE Full text]
- Stennett J, Hou R, Traverson L, Ridde V, Zinszer K, Chabrol F. Lessons learned from the resilience of Chinese hospitals to the COVID-19 pandemic: a scoping review. JMIRx Med 2022;3(2):e31272 [FREE Full text]
- González-Santos A. Peer Review of “Lessons Learned From the Resilience of Chinese Hospitals to the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Scoping Review”. JMIRx Med 2022;3(2):e36685 [FREE Full text]
- Stennett J. Lessons learned from the resilience of Chinese public health systems, hospitals and personnel to the COVID-19 pandemic: a scoping review protocol. protocols.io. 2021. URL: https://www.protocols.io/view/lessons-learned-from-the-resilience-of-chinese-pub-bjpckmiw.pdf [accessed 2022-03-24]
|PPE: personal protective equipment|
|PRISMA: Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses|
|PRISMA-ScR: Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses Extension for Scoping Reviews|
Edited by E Meinert; This is a non–peer-reviewed article. submitted 11.01.22; accepted 11.01.22; published 06.04.22Copyright
©Jack Stennett, Renyou Hou, Lola Traverson, Valéry Ridde, Kate Zinszer, Fanny Chabrol. Originally published in JMIRx Med (https://med.jmirx.org), 06.04.2022.
This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work, first published in JMIRx Med, is properly cited. The complete bibliographic information, a link to the original publication on https://med.jmirx.org/, as well as this copyright and license information must be included.