Authors’ Response to Peer Reviews
Peer-Review Report by Riham Al-Dubaiee (Reviewer O): https://med.jmirx.org/2021/3/e31513/
Peer-Review Report by Rihana Taher (Reviewer R): https://med.jmirx.org/2021/3/e31514/
Peer-Review Report by Abdulkareem Ali Hussein Nassar (Reviewer T): https://med.jmirx.org/2021/3/e31515/
Published Article: https://med.jmirx.org/2021/3/e28255/
This is the authors’ response to peer reviews of “Impact of Modifiable Risk Factors on the Occurrence of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Diyala, Iraq: Case-Control Study.”
Round 1 Review
1. Thanks for raising this issue . Being a control does not mean that they should not share the risk factors. A control here [ ] is a person with no current lesions or history of lesions.
4. Would you please highlight the repeated paragraph, as we reviewed it more than once but did not find it.
2. Because we have so many risk factors to talk about, we did not put the odds in the Abstract.
6. Because this study was part of an outbreak investigation, we did not use the traditional methods for sample size calculation. Instead, we included as many as possible of both cases and controls to have more insight into the risk factors.
8. If the reviewer can kindly point out which table he meant , we will correct it accordingly.
- Al-Dubaiee R. Peer review of "Impact of modifiable risk factors on the occurrence of cutaneous leishmaniasis in Diyala, Iraq: case-control study". JMIRx Med 2021 Jul;2(3):e31513 [FREE Full text] [CrossRef]
- Lehlewa AM, Khaleel HA, Lami F, Hasan SAF, Malick HA, Mohammed RH, et al. Impact of modifiable risk factors on the occurrence of cutaneous leishmaniasis in Diyala, Iraq: case-control study. JMIRx Med 2021 Jul;2(3):e28255 [FREE Full text] [CrossRef]
- Nassar, AAH. Peer review of "Impact of modifiable risk factors on the occurrence of cutaneous leishmaniasis in Diyala, Iraq: case-control study". JMIRx Med 2021 Jul;2(3):e31515 [FREE Full text] [CrossRef]
Edited by E Meinert; This is a non–peer-reviewed article. submitted 23.06.21; accepted 23.06.21; published 30.07.21Copyright
©Asaad Mahdi Lehlewa, Hanan Abdulghafoor Khaleel, Faris Lami, Saif Aldeen Falah Hasan, Hasanain Asmail Malick, Razzaq Hashim Mohammed, Qais Abdulazziz Abdulmottaleb. Originally published in JMIRx Med (https://med.jmirx.org), 30.07.2021.
This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work, first published in JMIRx Med, is properly cited. The complete bibliographic information, a link to the original publication on https://med.jmirx.org/, as well as this copyright and license information must be included.