Authors' Response to Peer-Review Reports: https://med.jmirx.org/2021/2/e29421/
Published Article: https://med.jmirx.org/2021/2/e20617/
This is a peer-review report submitted for the paper “Why We Are Losing the War Against COVID-19 on the Data Front and How to Reverse the Situation”.
Round 1 Review
Dear authors and editor, I thank you for the opportunity to review this manuscript . The paper addresses a topic of extreme relevance to public health and economy. This paper is well established, and the subject is interesting, but some major revisions should be considered.
1. It is hard to follow how future patterns can be predicted as enterprises navigate new corporate social responsibility strategies through the epochal challenges presented by COVID-19.
2. The abstract should briefly state the purpose of the research, the principal results, and the major conclusions. An abstract is often presented separately from the article, so it must be able to stand alone.
3. The necessity and innovation of the paper should be presented in the Introduction section.
4. The structure of the paper should be presented at the end of the Introduction section.
5. Here are some new, related references, which should be added to the reference list: Khorram-Manesh et al  and Purngagen et al [ ].
6. Please ensure your conclusions underscore the scientific value added by your paper, and/or the applicability of your findings/results, as indicated previously. Please revise the conclusion section to include more details. Basically, you should enhance your contributions and limitations, underscore the scientific value of your paper, and/or discuss the applicability of your findings/results and future study in this section.
Conflicts of Interest
- Prieto-Merino D, Bebiano Da Providencia E Costa R, Bacallao Gallestey J, Sofat R, Chung SC, Potts H. Why We Are Losing the War Against COVID-19 on the Data Front and How to Reverse the Situation. JMIRx Med 2021 May 5;2(2):e20617 [FREE Full text] [CrossRef]
- Khorram-Manesh A, Carlström E, Hertelendy AJ, Goniewicz K, Casady CB, Burkle FM. Does the Prosperity of a Country Play a Role in COVID-19 Outcomes? Disaster Med Public Health Prep 2020 Aug 12:1-10 [FREE Full text] [CrossRef] [Medline]
- Purnhagen KP, De Ruijter A, Flear M, Hervey TK, Herwig A. More Competences than You Knew? The Web of Health Competence for European Union Action in Response to the COVID-19 Outbreak. Eur J Risk Regul 2020 Apr 16;11(2):1-10. [CrossRef]
Edited by E Meinert; This is a non–peer-reviewed article. submitted 25.03.21; accepted 25.03.21; published 05.05.21Copyright
© Anonymous. Originally published in JMIRx Med (https://med.jmirx.org), 05.05.2021.
This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work, first published in JMIRx Med, is properly cited. The complete bibliographic information, a link to the original publication on http://med.jmirx.org/, as well as this copyright and license information must be included.