Peer-Review Report by Ross Gore (Reviewer AM): https://med.jmirx.org/2020/1/e25572/
Published Article: https://med.jmirx.org/2020/1/e22470/
The author of the manuscript  is grateful to the editor and reviewers for their invaluable input and feedback.
Response to Round 1 Reviews
- The author has added a correlation matrix to the supplemental materials.
- The author has added several examples of stepwise regression model use to the Introduction section to help ground readers in the validity of this approach in similar applications.
- The author has made the suggested points in the revised Limitations section of the Discussion.
- All data sets and regression model details have been added for each state to the Multimedia Appendices section.
- The author has changed the conditional formatting to red and blue in Figure 3.
- Fusillo T. Predicting Health Disparities in Regions at Risk of Severe Illness to Inform Health Care Resource Allocation During Pandemics: Observational Study. JMIRx Med 2020 Nov 16;1(1):e22470. [CrossRef]
Edited by G Eysenbach; This is a non–peer-reviewed article. submitted 06.11.20; accepted 06.11.20; published 02.12.20Copyright
©Tara Fusillo. Originally published in JMIRx Med (https://med.jmirx.org), 02.12.2020.
This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work, first published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, is properly cited. The complete bibliographic information, a link to the original publication on http://med.jmirx.org/, as well as this copyright and license information must be included.